We've recently switched from Flow to Ethereum, please create a new account to start collecting 🚀
Building a Community for a Billion People w/ @Zeneca_33Web3 w/ Me
My guest today is Zeneca (https://mobile.twitter.com/Zeneca_33). He is a web3 and NFT investor, advisor, content creator, and project founder. He writes a Newsletter on NFTs, host two podcasts, run a YouTube channel, and has ~300k followers on twitter. Zeneca manages two NFT communities: all with a focus on creating educational content to help people learn about this wild world of web3.
Zeneca’s Evolution to ZenAcademy
Professional Poker Player and Poker/Travel Blogger
- Healthy Dissociation to Money (a balance between caring and not caring) - If you care too much, everytime you make a bet you think about what else you could be buying. If you don’t care enough then you blow your bankroll too quickly
- Fostering a lifelong practice of writing because it requires him to think analytically (research, write, explain to others)
- Initially completely skeptical
- Started simple on content - floor price updates
- Response to content is that he is providing utility, moreso than trading NFTs
- It gave him energy, rewarding and fulfilling
- Looking at ways to monetize content in a truely Web3 way so he launched an NFT community
- Currently: Zen Academy Membership through Membership Token or 333 Club which is for founders, builders and others who want advice on their project
Insights from Membership Pass and 333
- there is a wide disparity in talent and knowledge between people so how do you make a community valuable to people from every level
- Social Identity - PFP - community have been demanding one to show their love
- Middle layer of PFP
- Target Audience for PFP: people who are a little bit deeper, more risk tolerant, degens, developers, in the space
- ZenAcademy (free) NFT - students who want to learn the industry and NFTs who will get a soulbound NFT as their first NFT - sole goal is to onboard to millions to NFTs
- Future of Monetization if No Royalties
- Incubator programs
Insight about Community:
- Any two people that are part of community, have similar values and ethos
- Understanding that the dynamics of virtual location, shows even more intent on where time is spent
- Almost everyone is underestimating the rate of change over the coming
- Zeneca’s Why: He and Zen Academy are in a unique position to achieve scaled community goals that will do good in the world
- It is of primary importance to build a self sustaining community. One that can live on beyond the founder
ZenAcademy 3.0 - 1 billion+ people
How do we onboard billions of users? https://zeneca33.substack.com/p/how-we-onboard-billions-to-web3
- Education - new technology interactions in a safe way, how do we make it like email?
- Infrastructure - abstract away technology, make it frictionless - take us from dial up to fiber
- Mentality (Perception) Shift - early adopters are tech or finance minds, which most of the world is not - marketing mainly consists ways to make money, not everyone wants to commercial
Where does Zen Academy fall?
- Education and Mentality first
- Infrastructure possibly in the future
Which companies embody the characteristics necessary to go mainstream?
- Reddit - 3,000,000 wallets with a conservative estimate of tens of thousands of new users; educated them through content; infrastructure was easy, buy with a credit...