We've recently switched from Flow to Ethereum, please create a new account to start collecting 🚀
Key to Web3’s Future: Look BackwardsWeb3 w/ Me
My guest today is Giuseppe Stuto (https://twitter.com/gstuto), who is the first repeat guest on Web3 w/ Me. He is the first US-born member of his family who was from Italy. He is a deep technical thinker who does a great job of using analogies to explain his outlook on investing in Web3. He founded his first company fresh out of college, and sold it to DraftKings a few years later. Giuseppe started angel investing while at DraftKings, and ultimately partnered up to form 186ventures. He plays on his unique technical experience as a founder to help provide a value add to his portfolio companies. We go deep on the potential for Web3 infrastructure and developer tools.
🚨FIRST REPEAT GUEST🚨
Current State of Web3 Investment
- Hypothesis: slow down of crypto native capital allocators
- 6-9 months ago, capital flowing into consumer brands and creator teams
- Shifting bc of missing infrastructure needed to enable better UX
- Corporate Sponsors - still very active, but know their role
- Is there enough opps to fund?
- Founder focus - build > growth
- Funding Experimentation vs. Catalyzing Growth
- Web3 perception problem is rooted in Web3 ego:
- Too much focus on novel terminology
- Too much focus on solving problems in a novel way
- Companies are companies and they solve the same problems
- Teams and responsibilities are the same
- Meetings with investors are still about marketing, sales, operations, etc.
Thanks for listening! Did you know you can also watch the show on YouTube? Just hit the link below and don't forget to subscribe!